Who would’ve thought that a day in, I’d be almost missing April?
Since writing my last post, I have:
- Had a migraine, making April’s total fourteen.
- Developed some strange but persistent non-migrainous pain and possibly swelling in the soft tissue over my right ear.
- Gone to a “Prom” held for students in Emily’s program.
- Watched the M’s cough up a game where they had the bases loaded with one out in the bottom of back-to-back extra innings.
- Judged the 102nd Harvard/Princeton/Yale Triangular Debate, specifically a Princeton-hosted match against Harvard.
- Written 17 pages of The Best of All Possible Worlds.
- Finally bought a new batch of coffee to test my bad-batch theory for the April Migraine Spike.
- Run – almost literally – into my second girlfriend on the street in Princeton. Yes, that one. No words (or blows) were exchanged.
- Discovered that said girlfriend and her husband have been living less than a mile and a half away since we moved here.
- Watched the film adaptation of Brief Interviews with Hideous Men, which I loved and Em hated.
- Finished reading 2666 by Roberto Bolaño, a novel which is neither about 2666 nor is finished.
I think it can all best be summed up in four words:
My head is spinning.